- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 cups maida
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water
- Additional toasted chopped walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat sugar, oil, honey and egg until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually beat into sugar mixture. Stir in 1 cup walnuts.
- Spread into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake until golden brown (edges will puff up), 10-12 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For glaze, in a small bowl, mix confectioners’ sugar, mayonnaise, vanilla and enough water to reach desired consistency; spread over top. If desired, sprinkle with additional walnuts. Let stand until set. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers.
To toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.