- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 2-1/2 cups warm whole milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 8 to 8-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. Add honey, butter, salt and 5 cups flour; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured board; knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down and shape into 2 loaves. Place in greased 9×5-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cover loosely with foil if top browns too quickly. Remove from pans and cool on wire racks.